Lowell Divorce Lawyers
Greater Lowell and Merrimack Valley | Middlesex County | Worcester County:
A divorce signals the end of a union that was established with the expectation that it would last forever. In addition to the feelings of sadness and anger that often accompany a divorce, it also raises complicated issues and puts a great deal of stress on the parties and family members involved. The attorneys at Berid & Schutzbank are here to help you through the difficult divorce process and to achieve a resolution most favorable to you, the client. We will also work for a result in the best interests of the children involved.
Considering Divorce: During the pendency of a Massachusetts divorce, many issues must be considered, such as:
- Issues of child care, a parenting plan (how time with each parent is divided) visitation, legal custody of the children (who makes the decisions).
- Who will provide medical insurance for the family, and who will make decisions about the children’s medical care.
- Who will cover the family expenses, such as the mortgage and car payments, during the divorce process.
- Whether there will be alimony or another form of spousal support paid from one party to another.
- Will one parent pay child support to the other (if so, how much) or will the expenses be shared in a different fashion.
- Whether the support provider will be required to maintain life insurance for the benefit of the spouse and/or minor children.
- How the assets of the marriage will be divided between the parties. Such assets can include the home, the bank accounts, retirement assets, and all tangible property.
- How any debts of the parties will be allocated between the parties.
- What is the best means to facilitate the divorce? Such methods include Mediation, Collaborative Law, Negotiation or Litigation.
Questions About The Divorce Process:
You will have many more questions as you go through the divorce process, and Berid & Schutzbank will be here to assist you throughout. We have dealt with the division of sophisticated marital estates and have a network of experts we can employ, including appraisers, actuaries, and accountants in resolving complicated valuation issues. When necessary in child custody disputes, we will ask the court to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem, an independent investigator who will make recommendations to the Court as to the best interests of the children.
We practice collaborative law (both sides working together without court action to reach a settlement) and we also can provide unbundled legal services. Collaborative Law is a process where the attorney helps the client actively negotiate resolution to all of the issues. This is a means to utilize legal counsel when an individual is not eligible for free or Pro Bono legal services but cannot afford the sometimes high cost of full-scale representation.
The Lowell, MA divorce lawyers at Berid & Schutzbank have the knowledge, expertise, and compassion to help you through the divorce process and to attain the best result available to you. While we wish to decrease the stress involved in family law matters by negotiating a fair outcome, we will represent your interests zealously if your matter requires litigation.
Contact Us For a Confidential Consultation:
Contact the Lowell divorce attorneys at Berid & Schutzbank for a confidential consultation about your family law or divorce matter.