My ex-husband is not living up to the terms of our custody agreement.

Additional Information:

Are there any options for me? Will the courts do anything? We have a standard, every other weekend visitation arrangement for my husband with the kids, with other terms for holidays, birthdays, etc. My husband does not meet these terms; at the last minute he often doesn’t take the kids. He sometimes decides to keep them longer, interrupting camp and work arrangements I have made for the kids. An especially important factor is that I have one child with special needs who needs consistent care and schedules, and really requires special time with her father. Is there anything to be done to require him to follow the terms of the agreement, rather than him deciding last minute when he would like to have the kids visit?

You do have the option of filing a Contempt Complaint seeking that the Court enforce your agreement. Visitation issues, however, are difficult to enforce as the sanctions are somewhat more limited than with monetary issues. If you’re interested in more information, I would be happy to have a consultation with you to discuss your options.

The Greater Lowell, Massachusetts family law lawyers at Berid & Schutzbank serve all of Middlesex County, Essex County, Worcester County, and the Merrimack Valley region including Andover, Billerica, Burlington, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Dracut, Dunstable, Groton, Lawrence, Lowell, Methuen, North Andover, Pepperell, Tewksbury, Westford, and Wilmington, Massachusetts.

What Our Clients Have To Say...


Get the answers you need.